Just bought a MacBook Pro

EdJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a MacBook Pro and am loving it. Can't believe it took me this long to move over!

I'm keen to use my Mac for all sorts of media functions and am looking at buying Apple TV. And after experiencing mild panic over losing a lot of important photos on my defunct PC laptop, I'm interested in the Time Machine as well.

Looking forward to using these Forums which have been recommended to me by other Mac users.

Cheers,

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
Welcome to MF! I am sure that you will enjoy your stay here! There is a vast amount of knowledge from which you can learn from in these forums. Use the search feature for any problems you have, and if nothing is revealed by a quick search, feel free to ask!

And congrats on the purchase! I'm sure your MBP and you shall develop a very close bond!

Reaction score
You're going to love iPhoto then since you seem like you care about saving images and having them backed up at all times then. What I do is schedule a back up every Sunday. It's also super simple to save all your images on to a cd from iPhoto, I love the ease and always have. YouTube has some amazing Apple fans, I myself have over 30+ subscriptions to only apple fans who daily come out with reviews, tutorials, diy how-tos and tons of news when it comes to Apple. Check it out and welcome to M-F!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Congrats!

What be the specs? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Weclome to Macs and Mac Forums!! Enjoy the many years of unfettered, smooth use!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i recently just got my MBP as well so i feel your joy. it is a great feeling working on these machines and the ease of which things can be accomplished. Even though somethings are different it is always fun to learn (at least for me), so if you have questions feel free to ask. btw which MBP did you get and what are the stats?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Welcome to the MBP Ownership.! I'm looking forward to getting my first Mac in January too. Can't remember the last time I felt this excited about a purchase before.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
Welcome to the MBP Ownership.! I'm looking forward to getting my first Mac in January too. Can't remember the last time I felt this excited about a purchase before.
It's so very exciting, isn't it? You'll love the new Mac. :)

OP
E

EdJ

Reaction score
Hi - thanks for all the replies! I went for a MacBook Pro - the 2.5ghz model with 250gb. I bought it on a recent trip to New York - an early jet lagged stroll led me to Apple's store on 5th Avenue which is open 24 hours a day - very impressed!

I've gone and bought Apple TV which looks great. One thing I was hoping though was Apple TV would enable me to put the screen of my MacBook directly onto my TV wirelessly, but it doesn't seem to be able to do this. Any one have any thoughts?

Otherwise though, I simply love this machine. Well and truly converted!

Thanks again for the comments!

Ed

Reaction score
I have just ordered my first MBP, 13" 2.53 with the 256 SSD. Ordered online on Friday at the Black Friday sale. Will be delivered out of Singapore and to me in 7 days max. I cannot wait, my first move away from PC's

Lou
Australia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" uMBP 2.8Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB HDD OS X 10.6
Hello. I've had my Macbook Pro 15" 2.8, 4, 500 for about a month now. I have also switched from mac. I am very suprised at how many people I have seen that have switched, even recently. I guess that's cause I recently began reading :) anyway, was suprised at the amount of converts. I have a tech background and have dabbled in linux. Mac was such an easy move. Got it one day and haven't opened my win laptop since. haven't been slowed by any tasks, very intuitive. That's my 2 cents.

Rob.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Welcome to the world of the Mac everyone.

Reaction score
Hey I just got my mbp too :D
I was wondering....just how sensitive are these things to water? I'm using mine in the rain as I type this......not directly obviously but every so often he wind blows a droplet or two on the screen/keyboard....I have to be where I am....or should I gtfo here??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.