Weird Airport problem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a MacBook, 1.8 Ghz Dual Core, 80GB HD and I am running Leopard.
My problem is that my airport is truly temperamental. Sometimes it connects without a glitch but sometimes (and it is becoming more often than not) the airport icon just remains empty and when I click on it it says that there is "no airport card installed". Then I restart the computer and, if I'm very lucky, it connects, but most of the time it just stays the same.
I have reinstalled the software, updated it and done everything I know how to do (which is not much), but I am starting to think that this might be a hardware problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions or have experienced a similar problem? Should I just have the Airport card re-installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
This could be a hardware problem, although I don't have too much experience here. I think that there may be a loose connection between the card and your computer, causing it to not even see the card anymore. I would take it to an Apple store and have them take a look, because this doesn't sound like a software problem to me. After you take it there, and it's not a hardware issue, at least you know for sure there is something else wrong, and you may even get a solution from one of the employees at the genius bar.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Zeptogram. I was suspecting something like that. I'll see what the geniuses at Apple can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.