Synchronising Drupal website from Mac to Windows Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.
Hi,

I've just installed Drupal on my Windows 2008 Server, and have started to develop a website. I can figure out how to connect to my website and develop it from my Mac.

What is the best way to develop and test the website locally on my Mac, and then sync up to the live server?

Basically, I am looking for some web design software that I can develop and test a website locally on my Mac, and then synchronize the website with a live web server. It would be handy if this software is cross platform as some of my emplyees use Windows.
FYI my servers are all Windows based servers, but I can install a Linux web server if necessary.
I have tried Drupal, but am disappointed with it.

Anyway advice on this software - both open source and paid, but be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

Nigel

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
DreamWeaver is cross platform except cost a pretty penny. RapidWeaver for Mac, because it's pretty and easy to use.

OP
nigelivy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.
Sorry, I didn't clarify - I am hosting the website on my server. I want to be able to work on the website on my Mac. Would I be able to work on the MySQL database (which is stored on the server) from my Mac as long as I have an internet connection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged similar threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.