how to get Crossover games running Diablo 1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
I have mac os x 10.5 and I recently bought crossover games. I tried to install diablo 1 but my mac reads it as a old mac os instead of a windows game so it won't install on crossover games.

Anyone know how to get it working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
For those kind of games emulating OS 9 I think is a good solution.
Sheepshaver is really the way to go. But somne people made an optimisied version of it called "classic on intel". And the optimised version works right out of the box or so to speak. All you have to do is make a blank disk image for the OS 9 HD. And you're set.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Diablo is one of those multi-platform games, so you don't need Crossover :) lucky lucky

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
For those kind of games emulating OS 9 I think is a good solution.
Sheepshaver is really the way to go. But somne people made an optimisied version of it called "classic on intel". And the optimised version works right out of the box or so to speak. All you have to do is make a blank disk image for the OS 9 HD. And you're set.

I know about sheepshaver but I have never heard of classic on intel before.

I guess I will have to get one of those.

Diablo is one of those multi-platform games, so you don't need Crossover :) lucky lucky

Diablo one is multi-platform but mac os x 10.5 doesn't support classic settings so it won't run games made for os 9 and lower.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.