Garage Band Library

Reaction score
Brand new MAC user here, so please excuse my dumb questions. I have an iBook G3 (running Panther 10.3) that works fine except for the Garage Band application. When I try to open it, it gives me the error message that my Library is missing. How do I find it and reload it?? I have a friend with a MacBook Pro (running Leopard 10.5) that has the Garage Band application. Can I somehow migrate the whole application. or maybe just the Library, from his computer to mine? Or, if that's not possible, should I just do a clean reinstall of the OS on my IBook? Would that bring the GB Library back to where it's supposed to be?
Thank you for your help. I've been a PC user for 10 years, so this is taking some getting used to! :)
Ter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
He most likely has a different version of garage band so i don't think its possible to move the files over.

Im not sure how 10.3 runs but you should just need to create a new folder to where the save files go.

OP
T
Reaction score
He most likely has a different version of garage band so i don't think its possible to move the files over.
Im not sure how 10.3 runs but you should just need to create a new folder to where the save files go.

Okay. That's clear as mud. LOL Did I mention that I was a brand new Mac user?
Create a new folder WHERE and save WHICH files from where? It says my library is missing. So--where do I get these missing files from and where exactly do I save them??? I need some specific instructions here, folks. PLEASE!!:[ Thank you!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Okay like I said Im not sure how 10.3 runs because I have 10.5 but in 10.5 to fix your problem I would open finder

finder>home>music>Grageband(this is the folder you would have to remake)

Since this is how you would fix it with 10.5 Im not sure if it will apply to your problem but I hope it does.

OP
T
Reaction score
Will someone PLEASE tell me how to fix the error message about Garage Band missing Library/Application Support/Garage Band/Apple Loop Index and all the other error messages about the Library and Loops following it? Or, at least tell me where I can find the answer? Tried to reinstall from the OS discs, but it's not on there. I need step by step instructions because I have never used a Mac before. I have an iBook running Panther 10.3. Every time I click on Garage Band from the Apps folder, it won't open and I get the never ending error messages about an invalid instrument library. Please--is it supposed to be this hard?? I'm thinking I should just throw it in the street at this point!!:Shouting:

OP
T
Reaction score
Help!

Will someone PLEASE tell me how to fix the error message about Garage Band missing Library/Application Support/Garage Band/Apple Loop Index and all the other error messages about the Library and Loops following it? Or, at least tell me where I can find the answer? Tried to reinstall from the OS discs, but it's not on there. I need step by step instructions because I have never used a Mac before. I have an iBook running Panther 10.3. Every time I click on Garage Band from the Apps folder, it won't open and I get the never ending error messages about an invalid instrument library. Please--is it supposed to be this hard?? I'm thinking I should just throw it in the street at this point!!:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmmmmmm

My garageband folder doesn't have anything in it and it runs fine so I will show you how to find the garageband folder and just try adding a folder in that folder titled "Apple Loop Index"

Garageband picture by mgsfan18 - Photobucket

that link will lead you to a picture that is how you find the folder on 10.5 I imagine 10.3 is close to this considering the folder structure in your error message is similar.

Once you get to garageband folder right click or control+mouse click then select new folder

Name it Apple Loop Index

If this doesn't work or if there is already a folder in there named Apple Loop Index. Let me know.

gl

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.