FM Adapters

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
OK, I bought the FM Modulator from Xtreme Mac, I think its called AirPlay, and I had a problem finding a "blank" FM station within the Metro-NYC (Five boroughs and LI) area. Anyone around here know of one? I'd rather not have to scan through the whole spectrum. Alternatively, Does anyone know if there's a site somewhere where people post the blank frequencies they've found?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Typically, FM modulators are ineffective in major metro areas.

Here in Chicago there are precious few empty spots on the dial, and as soon as you drive 15 miles you'll get interference. That's why I have a direct connection through my car stereo, or I use a cassette adaptor.

This site will give you frequencies by location, which is sort of the opposite of what you are looking for; by going through this you may be able to find a blank spot by process of elimination.

OP
PBG4MAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
caribiner23 said:
Typically, FM modulators are ineffective in major metro areas.

Here in Chicago there are precious few empty spots on the dial, and as soon as you drive 15 miles you'll get interference. That's why I have a direct connection through my car stereo, or I use a cassette adaptor.

This site will give you frequencies by location, which is sort of the opposite of what you are looking for; by going through this you may be able to find a blank spot by process of elimination.
Thanks for the post!
I agree that they generally don't work in the "big city". The question was actually for my sister. Her car doesn't have a Tape player, otherwise she'd use one of those. My car doesn't have one either, but I did a hard-wire installation by putting an auxillary adapter into my car, but that requires a bit of drilling and stuf so not everyone wants to do that.

B

badmojo

PBG4MAN said:
Thanks for the post!
I agree that they generally don't work in the "big city". The question was actually for my sister. Her car doesn't have a Tape player, otherwise she'd use one of those. My car doesn't have one either, but I did a hard-wire installation by putting an auxillary adapter into my car, but that requires a bit of drilling and stuf so not everyone wants to do that.

I'm gonna be putting this stereo, or one like it in my car. See the "aux in" in the lower left. You could probably put this into your sister's car with ease if it's a din-style radio.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3084&mfrcode=AUD&mfrpartnumber=ACD12

(gotta put in your zip)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.