iPod earphone replacements

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been searching for some iPod earphone replacements for the past week or so after my old ones broke, but I can't seem to find any decent ones for under £5 anywhere. :/

The way I go through headphones, I really don't want to be spending any more than a few pounds on them, and after getting ones from amazon (which I had to send back and ask for a refund of £5.99 because It said Mic and remote but only had a mic and didn't work for my iPod gen) I'm reluctant to buy any more online.

I really need a decent pair. I was thinking of getting some Skullcandy in ear earphones and spending a bit more on them, but I'm really not sure if its worth it, and I would really like some of the original white apple ones, but I can't seem to find any anywhere :/ I don't want to spend £20 on them in the Apple store... and the ones that control the sound and songs don't work for my iPod... no surprises there then :/

So can anyone suggest any earphones that will last me more than a month and have decent quality and be at a reasonable price? I know i;m asking a lot but as a student I cant spend much.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Hmmm...if you can find used shure in ear buds, get replacement foams, they are a great brand...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook, Touch 2ndgen 16g iOS 4
I grabbed some Koss earbuds a few years ago because I forgot to bring mine on a trip. They have become my favorite. They were cheap-ish it seems like. Around $10 us at the time...in Korea....so whatever that comes our to in Pounds Sterling. ;)

I like them because the foam helps keep out outside noise and they have good bass for such little things.

TWM

Reaction score
Check out ebay. A lot of guys sell fake apple earbuds for really cheap and they work pretty well. I go through headphones quite a bit at the gym so i know how you feel. Usually $3-4 each, and they look and sound the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
I use Sennheiser earbuds and can sleep with them in my ears without discomfort. Good news is that the frequency response is very good too and the price reasonable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.