How do you burn .dvdmedia files to a disc?

Reaction score
I used ripit and it gave me a .dvdmedia file. I found that you can change the extension to .avi and it will create a folder with a Video-TS folder in it. When I try to add the Video-TS folder into Toast though it gives me an error message saying "The source VIDEO-TS FOLDER appears to be damaged". Can someone please explain how to successfully burn a .dvdmedia file?

Thanks very much.

Reaction score
i've been wanting to know the answer for this aswell..
please let me know if someone answers it :D
thanks ..

Reaction score
I used ripit and it gave me a .dvdmedia file. I found that you can change the extension to .avi and it will create a folder with a Video-TS folder in it. When I try to add the Video-TS folder into Toast though it gives me an error message saying "The source VIDEO-TS FOLDER appears to be damaged". Can someone please explain how to successfully burn a .dvdmedia file?

Thanks very much.

i've been wanting to know the answer for this aswell..
please let me know if someone answers it :D
thanks ..

Right click on the .dvdmedia file and select 'Show Contents' and it should open a window that shows the Video_TS folder. Just drag and drop this folder into Toast. Make sure 'Video_TS Folders' is selected under the video tab.

Hope this helps!

Wyman

OP
N
Reaction score
thanks for the help but this method gave me the exact same error message as the other... :(

Reaction score
thanks for the help but this method gave me the exact same error message as the other... :(

Go into the preferences and uncheck 'use .dvdmedia extension'. This will create the video and audio ts folder automatically. Do not try and change the file to another extension. After you've done this, try a different disc and see if you get the same error.

Wyman

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.