Installed Windows 7 through bootcamp, now were is my Mac OS

Reaction score
I followed the bootcamp process to the letter and now when I boot my macbook pro, all I see is Windows 7 as an OS option to load. Please help.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Where are you seeing Windows 7 as the only option to load? Boot holding down the Option Key right after the start up sound. Keep it down and a boot menu should show up. What do you see there?

If you don't see both OSX and Windows you accidently installed to the OSX partition.

OP
F
Reaction score
You Freaking ROCK!!! I did not know about holding the "Option Key" during bootup. Thank you!! Yep, its there.

T

todd51

You Freaking ROCK!!! I did not know about holding the "Option Key" during bootup. Thank you!! Yep, its there.

Yea, once you install Windows on Bootcamp, it automatically makes it the default drive to boot to. You can change this in the Bootcamp preferences in either OSX or Windows if you would like your computer to boot by default into OSX instead of Windows.

Here is another option, it's a handy (free) little boot manager which automatically asks you what partition you would like to boot to, without holding down the Option key.

rEFIt

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You can also go into OSX System Preferences and look for Startup Disk and make OSX the default and when you install the Boot Camp Drivers in Windows, there should be a control panel in Control panels where you can do the same thing on the Windows side.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you both. I'm new to mac's and was trying to hold onto a bit of Windows (dumb) and I though I screwed everything up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.