Conversion of wmv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Notebook
All,

I recently installed Snow leopard and had a problem with viewing wmv files until I installed the upadated Flip4mac. My wife was happier than a clam that she could watch her Korean videos. However, with the updated version of Snow leopard (10.6.2) this problem has re-surfaced. Feeling froggy, I hastened to the Flip4Mac site and downloaded ver 2.3.0.14. After installing, the problem remained. What did I miss this time? Did I miss the latest upgrade to Flip4Mac? My wife is quite disgruntled; please help restore peace in my house :))

Ron Scott

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Notebook
Conversion of WMV

All,

I recently installed Snow leopard and had a problem with viewing wmv files until I installed the upadated Flip4mac. My wife was happier than a clam that she could watch her Korean videos. However, with the updated version of Snow leopard (10.6.2) this problem has re-surfaced. Feeling froggy, I hastened to the Flip4Mac site and downloaded ver 2.3.0.14. After installing, the problem remained. What did I miss this time? Did I miss the latest upgrade to Flip4Mac? My wife is quite disgruntled; please help restore peace in my house :)

Ron Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Some WMV files won't play in Quicktime, Flip4Mac or not.
I find that anything that won't play in Quicktime, generally will in VLC.
VLC media player for Mac OS X
Hope this helps
You could also try the 10.6.2 combo update and see if that fixes it, even though it doesn't specify a fix for it, combo updates seem to fix a lot of things for users, just like it did with 10.5.8
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL959?viewlocale=en_US

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I currently only have one wmv available atm to me, but I tested it on my 10.6.2 w/ flip4mac 2.3.0.14 and the file is playing as it should....

Is it happening with new files, old files or both? ie - old wmvs that used to work, have you tested them and what happens?

Have you tried fully uninstalling flip4mac and reinstalling it (and checking its settings to make sure its active)? Have you tried to play the file in VLC to see if it could play it?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Notebook
Conversion of WMV

Nethfel,

I cannot open any wmv files that I could on the original install of Snow leopard. I'll try an un-install of Flip4Mac and re-install and see what happens. I'll have to give VLC a shot. It's just bothersome that this problem occurred at all wheneverything was working just fine. My wife needs to go to a particular website (www.pangtv.com) and palay the videos. She's not technically savvy at all so this is bugging her.This is what the website says if it gives anyone a clue:
The page “미주 한인들을 위한 팡팡튀는 명품 TV세상 ≡팡TV.COM≡” has content of MIME type “application/x-oleobject”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.

Ron Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.