Dreamweaver CS4 and Flash Buttons

Reaction score
To All.... I'm new to this site and have a question...I just loaded Dreamweaver CS4 onto my Mac, and have been looking at the tutorials for CS4.. The tutorials that mention Flash Buttons state that they are preloaded...just go to "insert" select "Media" then "Flash Buttons" ... But I don't have that option listing..In the Dreamweaver directory there's a directory full of button and examples but they are not showing up in the menu....Any ideas how I can get this option to work?? :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4
Ahh.... I seem to recall a few months back I was following a Dreamweaver tutorial for CS4 and it turns out the tutorial wouldn't work because they changed CS4 a bit from CS3 and didn't update the tutorials, or they dropped support for some templates.. or something equally frustrating.

Mine was a case of form handling.

I would assume the tutorial is wrong and there's a new and improved way to get those buttons to load.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i7
I may have just answered my own question. Found this link on Adobe's site.
Deprecated features in Dreamweaver Evidently adobe took the flash button function out in cs4. Even though I loaded the extension it still doesn't work. Oh well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook3,1 --- Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHz --- 2GB Memory --- 250GB HD
Please don't use Dreamweavers Flash Buttons... I know they are premade which makes them a good choice for beginners. But speaking as a professional web developer, no great site was ever made using those buttons.

Get Photoshop or Gimp and teach yourself to make buttons by hand. I promise you will achieve great results with some practice.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.