LiveScribe SmartPen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hello Mac-Fourmers,

Its been a long time since I posted here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I am going back to school for my Masters Degree (hopefully starting in the summer) and I was intrigued by the LiveScribe SmartPen.

The functionality is great and apparently from all the reviews (professional and otherwise) have nothing but good things to say about it.

Yes it does require special "dot" paper, BUT it is the same price as regular notebooks/journals and to top it off one can always print out the paper from the company's website free of charge.

My questions is has anyone used this with their Mac, running Tiger. I haven't upgraded to Leopard or Snow Leopard. The website says it works with 10.5 and newer OS which might mean I have to upgrade.

Let me know.

And as always thanks in advance. ;D

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I figure probably no one cares about the topic. BUT in case some one later looks for this here are the details:

1- You have to be at least running Leopard.
2- This is one of the best inventions EVER. The note taking synced with voice is simply great for classes, meeting and just about any other situation where you are taking notes.

Recently, at work, everyone forgot a certain procedure that we ran about a month ago. LiveScribe to the rescue, I pull out my laptop search for a partial name of the procedure and VOILA! It found my hand written notes, it even tells me which notebook its in, what pages and the dates.

Needless to say I have a lot of people at both work and school that went out and bought it.

Hope this helps in case some one is interested in this later on.

Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.