Drupal or Joomla??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.
Hi,

I know this is not really a direct Mac question, but I'd like to ask this advise anyway.
I am installing a web development server, and am indecisive as to whether I should use Drupal or Joomla?
I will be developing on my Mac, but some of my developers might use Windows.

What is the general consensus of these two development tools?

Thanks,

Nigel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Since they are both web based content management systems with a long history, I don't see why there should be worry regarding developers using Windows.

I don't have a consensus, but reading the criticisms over at wikipedia, I suspect Drupal has better user access control. That may be very important to you. It also supports more than just MySQL.

The thing is, you should write down your requirements and concerns, and then do further research. People's opinions will vary depending on both their experience and needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've messed around with both and in the short time I used both I prefer Drupal. However, it ultimately boils down to which one is more appropriate for your needs. I suggest trying them both.

OP
nigelivy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.
I am struggling with the installation of Drupal on my Windows Server 2008. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent tutorial/installation guide which I can check?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.