Please please someone help me

S

sugarroy

I have a brand new powerbook combo drive with 512mb memory etc etc and am trying to run Football manager 2005. I have OSX 10.3.9 and the latest patch for the game. When I am trying to run the game, it will not load at all on anyhthing other than the lowest settings (though it installed fine) and when it is on the lowest setting it crashes 50% of the time when I try to load it, and if it does load it crashes every 20 mins or so. The manufacturers seem to think there is generally no problem with it on the mac. I have tried reinstalling it with and without the patch (which incidently did nothing at all to help the problem) plus I have tried installing it to different folders to no avail. Does anyone please have any suggestions?

OP
I

IChing

Try gamefaq forum, I don't have the game but it sounds like you tried everything that I would have tried except running your disk repair utility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well, I would think that the game has some kind of a curruption in it. I would think Tiger will help your problem. Otherwise I guess try the classic fixes "permissions etc"

Reaction score
What are the requirements as far as video memory for the game? How much do you have (vram)? This is different than total ram. If you dont have enough vram it probably wont run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
try. repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions

OP
S

sugarroy

Thanks,
I have tried repairs and it is still not working. Hopefully Tiger will work unless others have any other ideas. According to the manufacturers all my specifications mean it should work without a problem bu this is not the case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.