Purchase Airport Extreme?

Reaction score
I presently have a 24" alum iMac and two PC'c (one laptop and one desktop) networked utilizing an older Microsoft Router. Since the older PC's only utilize "Wireless - g", I needed this older router. I am close to replacing the PC laptop with a MacBook Pro. So that I could utilize the "Wireless - n" in my upcoming new mac laptop, and the "wireless -g" in my older desktop PC (my wifes), I am interested in the Aiport Extreme. Is this the way to go, or should I look for a less expensive dual band router from d-Link or someone else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Years ago someone at MacWorld suggested that when it comes to wireless use Apple products with Apple computers and since Apple had a hand in developing the standard, it seemed a good path to follow from my limited perspective. Have now ended up with the Dual Band Time Capsule and have never regretted sticking with Apple products - they just seem easier to set up and generally play nicer. In the end best choice for you is the set up that you would like to end up with and if you can handle PCs, then u should have no problems setting up the latest routers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.