Please help me from switching to Windows XP!!

J

jonbev

I have recently been diagnosed as Dyslexic, and have been advised that Windows is preferable to OS X. The resons being that XP's apperance can be customised to any colour. A good expamle being the background screen colour of a word document can be changed easily on windows (view>background) whereas this option seems to be missing from Office 2004.

Is there any third party software that does this? OS X tiger diability options don't seem to consider dylexics and I really DO NOT WANT to buy a PC.

Are there any other dyslexic mac users who have found solutions?

OP
D

Desolate One

I'd also hate to see you have to buy a PC.

I don't know how well these reasons suit you:
http://www.iansyst.co.uk/database/articles/whymac.html

When you refer to appearence, to you mean like a theme or changing the colours slightly to make things easier to see? I use Shapeshifter which enables you to download and install themes. It may make the menus and things easier to see for you.

Good luck.

OP
I

IChing

Do you have any reliable data or studies to back up that claim, I taught special education and have doubts on that claim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Desolate One said:
I'd also hate to see you have to buy a PC.

I don't know how well these reasons suit you:
http://www.iansyst.co.uk/database/articles/whymac.html

When you refer to appearence, to you mean like a theme or changing the colours slightly to make things easier to see? I use Shapeshifter which enables you to download and install themes. It may make the menus and things easier to see for you.

Good luck.
i think they were talking about how you can change the color of explorer windows and in office you can change the color of the screen but not the document itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.