iWork etc - unused space at the side

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 8GB RAM
I'm new to Mac - very new - and one thing that frustrates me so far is that most apps I open do not fill the screen left to right to make use of it. Surely there must be a way to make Pages fill the screen but I haven't found it yet. Can anyone help? I thought the green button would do it like on Windows programs but apparently not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
drag the window to the top left corner so that it aligns with the edge of your screen and the top menu , then grap the window by it's bottom right corner and drag that out however you like

the green button stretches the window to it's maximum size, depending on content, not the screen resolution

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
A common complaint from switchers, it's a non-issue really. To re-phrase the above, the green button will stretch the window to be as big as it needs to be, thus not wasting any window area within the window. In other words, it's smarter than a "full screen" default. I like to be able to see, and access, my icons along the sides of my screen, as well as another open window underneath, which saves me a "trip" to the Dock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.