Error Code -36 when copying file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
I'm trying to copy a 6 gig file from a USB drive formatted to ntfs. I am using macfuse and ntfs-g.
It almost finished when I get the error
The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "filename.ext" could not be read or written.
(error code -36)"

Then, I can't stop the transfer. The copy windows just sits there, if I hit the X nothing happens. I have to force quit the finder and the machine reboots.
I can copy this same from via the network just fine. I have a Windows 7 machine, I shared the file and copied it that way.
I can also copy off the jump drive using Windows 7 without a problem. The file and jump drive aren't corrupt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
-36 is an IO error... Could be as simple as a bad sector, or a bad disk.. but tossing macfuse and ntfs-g into the mix can potentially complicate things. Since it works fine in an OS that natively uses NTFS, my guess is it's a programatical error in either of your conversion softwares.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.