Voice Control app for ipod?

Reaction score
Hi there - open question for the forum.

I have two disabled sisters, quadrapelegic and blind. Both use extensive voice-activated controls for various environmental controls. These controls do everything from turning the lights and TV on and off (and changing the channel) to dialing the phone for them. They love their music, and I was hoping to give them a device which allows them greater independence while listening.

I know iPhone has voice-activated controls, so I know the capability exists within Mac Applications/coding to control the playing of music via voice. What I need, though, is an app that runs (preferrably resident, so they can even turn the device on with their voice) on iPod that does roughly the same thing.

If anyone has any clue where I can begin to look, or knows someone whose could develop such an app, I'd appreciate if you could put me in touch with them.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, etc.

Andrew

OP
E
Reaction score
Clay - thanks for the reply. I've looked into it, and maybe they can help. We'll see!

--Andrew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.