GimpShop and/or X11 not working

Reaction score
Greetings, I did a search and could not find this problem/answer. I did post this in the operating section, but perhaps it is better suited for this forum.

I downloaded and installed GimpShop for my macbook os 10.5 Leopard
I followed instructions on a website to install X11, but when I run the gimpshop app, it won't launch and gives me a message that X11 is required. I then get a message to Reset and relaunch X11. I do this, but still nothin.

When I get the option to click a "report" button, I see a line in it that reads, "Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libpixman-1.0.dylib".

I open a cmd window and cd to /usr/X22/lib and I can grep and see that very file. listing:
-------
john-cowans-macbook:lib johncowan$ ls -la | grep libpixman-1.0.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 19 Nov 22 17:57 libpixman-1.0.11.8.dylib -> libpixman-1.0.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 19 Aug 30 19:33 libpixman-1.0.12.0.dylib -> libpixman-1.0.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 946960 Jul 31 2008 libpixman-1.0.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 19 Nov 22 17:57 libpixman-1.dylib -> libpixman-1.0.dylib
-------

Any ideas on how to get this to work? I'm new to the mac world, so please forgive any obvious ignorances. ;o(

Thanks for the help!
YankeeFan

OP
Y
Reaction score
I should have added more info on this problem. I found that the x11 is looking for a newer version of my libpixman-1.0.dylib.

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libpixman-1.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Utilities/X11.app/Contents/MacOS/X11.bin
Reason: Incompatible library version: X11.bin requires version 13.0.0 or later, but libpixman-1.0.dylib provides version 12.0.0

I'm not sure I understandt this message. Do I need to get a newer version of the libpixman-1.0.dylib? I tried to google on this with no luck.

Any ideas?

OP
Y
Reaction score
i upgraged to snow-leopard and that seems to solve my x11 problem. There is very little help on this on the web. This, I think, was the only way to get the version that gimpshop needed. I still don't understand all that.

Now I have a new problem. How to start GimpShop? I double click on the application and I see a popup that reads, caching fonts, then a command window "xterm" with the line:
bash-3.2$

What is this for? Do I need to run a command-line statement to start Gimpshop? If so, does anyone know what it is. Should I uninstall gimpshop and start over?

Thanks for any tips.
YankeeFan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.