"Product Registration" for what?

Reaction score
I have bought a macbook pro with 3 years AppleCare.
What is the sense of do a Product Registration of the mbp with my apple id?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
???

The added on Applecare must be registered to be honored.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, but what i mean is if maybe in 2 year i use the applecare protection to replace the batterie, in what point the apple id take part of it?
Apple will send to my mail of apple id the supporting?
They will send anything to my mail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You do need to register to validate. Bit late in two years and it will not be recognised. Same if TechTool Deluxe comes with AppleCare. As AppleCare is usually sold by the reseller, Apple may not have your details without registration.

OP
J
Reaction score
You do need to register to validate. Bit late in two years and it will not be recognised. Same if TechTool Deluxe comes with AppleCare. As AppleCare is usually sold by the reseller, Apple may not have your details without registration.

So... ofter too 2 or more year the registration by apple id is uselles?
If in 1 year or so i want to upgrade my laptop, and i sell this one to buy other one, and the other guy who bought mine use applecare, he must use my apple id? I have to give my apple id to him? Apple will send a bill to my apple id or a resume of work done in the mbp?

Im realy noob at apple´s stuff, thx for the patience :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
My guess is that a lot of products sit around for a while so by validating you give advise that it is off the self and warranty is running otherwise how will manufacturer know that the unit is not longer on the shelf. Also they like it so they can send u mail outs but i think u can opt out of that service. Seems to me a better deal that arguing about warranty issues for a 13 month old item that u bought new 11 months ago. Thats assuming you didn't buy extended warranty.

OP
J
Reaction score
And what about this?

If in 1 year or so i want to upgrade my laptop, and i sell this one to buy other one, and the other guy who bought mine use applecare, he must use my apple id? I have to give my apple id to him? Apple will send a bill to my apple id or a resume of work done in the mbp?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
And what about this?

No, the AppleCare warranty is specific to the machine's serial number and is transferable to the new owner. Your Apple ID is simply your account with Apple - when you enter it, you're just giving Apple your contact information. If the machine is transferred to another user and they go to act upon the warranty, they will simply get his or her contact info at that time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes, but what i mean is if maybe in 2 year i use the applecare protection to replace the batterie,

I know that this is a hypothetical example you mentioned above...but unless a battery is defective & it can be proven to be defective...the Applecare warranty does not cover batteries that wear out simply due to use.

Batteries are a consumable item...and not covered under the warranty.:(

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
No, the AppleCare warranty is specific to the machine's serial number and is transferable to the new owner. Your Apple ID is simply your account with Apple - when you enter it, you're just giving Apple your contact information. If the machine is transferred to another user and they go to act upon the warranty, they will simply get his or her contact info at that time.

Ok, this clarifies a lot, thx!

2 more:
1 -When i sell my mbp i have to make a "Product UNregistration" so the new owner can registr with his apple id, or he can registre to his apple id directly.

2 -When the new owner use the apple care, my apple id, dont take of the opperations with the apple care of the new owner? They dont send me information about the apple care is beging used?

(Im asking all this because is the first time i have my personal information in the internet. I have never done something like thi before, not even pay bills over internet)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You simply transfer Applecare when you sell or give away the MacBook Pro. Ownership transfers to him and you are out of the picture. Have a read of this:-

Apple - Support - AppleCare - FAQs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, if i not transfer Applecare to the new owner, he cant use it, can he?

Why on earth would you do that? Once you sell/trade/dispose or give away the MBP Applecare is no longer any good to you. Include it in your price as a good selling point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb
You don't really have to register it. As long as you have a receipt showing you bought the Applecare with the receipt of your product, you'll be fine.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You don't really have to register it. As long as you have a receipt showing you bought the Applecare with the receipt of your product, you'll be fine.

I wouldn't take that chance. If you lose the receipt or the print on the receipt just fades to un-readable, you are up the creek without any proof.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.