Powerbook g4 airport extreme problems

P

purplebluengree

hi guys im trying to set up my airport exterme base station with my 15inch powerbook g4 and it says its connected but will not access the internet.

the internet is supplyed through ntl and plugs into the wan port in the base station the airport icon says its conencted but i cannot access anything any ideas guys please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
did you create a new location in network preferences , or in network preferences, have you chosen the airport card as the type of connection you're using?

OP
D

d-funct

Sounds a little stupid but does the airport extreme base station a router? if it is then it seems like you have not entered your username/password so that it can connect to the service

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it is a router, did you go through the setup steps? it may have come with an ip address, if so, open safari and enter the ip into the url field.

OP
P

purplebluengree

well ntl internet doesnt require a pass or a user name to access, if i enter the ip in the ur bar do i need to do this everytime?

OP
D

d-funct

Wow I always though that there where only 2 types of Broadband - PPPOA and PPPOE and that they both need authenication ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
d-funct said:
Wow I always though that there where only 2 types of Broadband - PPPOA and PPPOE and that they both need authenication ...
that is a good point, make sure you arent using PPPoE in the settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.