Next iPod Classic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
what generation will be the next ipod classic? im confused :p

i broke mine last week so ill get a new one for christmas but i might just wait till Jan when they release the newest iPod Classic.

also of all the ipods which has the best sound quality?

Reaction score
They usually update the iPod line in September-October. I see no reason to update the iPod Classic..it's the last hard drive based iPod Apple makes. Most of the iPod's have the same sound quality- you're better off buying a new pair of headphones versus the white ones that come with the iPod's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I believe if they make any significant changes it would be the 7th Generation of the HDD based iPod, the current classic is, IIRC, the 6th Generation.

I suspect Apple will keep these in production until they can be replaced by a Flash memory based iPod Touch. Even though Flash prices are falling, they still can't offer a Flash based iPod with the same capacity as the Classic, but that will change in the next few years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.