OS X not booting

Reaction score
my mac isnt booting at all. I turn it on i get the chime and it goes to a grey screen with a blue globe flashing in the middle. It's kinda crucial i get it fixed cause i have very important work on there :( Any ideas?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Your system is trying to boot off of the network. Does your system ever boot up completely? If it does, go to the sytem perferences app. Choose startup, and then select your start up disk. This will ensure next time that your system will boot from your system disk.

If it does not boot up. You can try to boot by restarting your system again and hold down the option key. If this works you should see a series of disk to choose from. Choose your system disk to boot. Then once your system boots, then do the system perferences thing as stated above.

If this does not work you may need your bootable install CD. Some one else maybe able to help you with the install CD option.

OP
Mr Sprout
Reaction score
Thanks rman, its fixed now. Im not sure how it happened but we did have an enoromous power surge last night in our house and my mac was on. I cant see how this would have affected it but i havent any other explanation!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am happy to hear that everything is okay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.