Does a Macbook support Hebrew?

Reaction score
I would like to type in Hebrew which is a right to left language. Is this easy on a Mac?

I would like to know if there is a program that contains the Torah in Hebrew on it so I can copy and quote sections. Or can I load some software made for a PC onto a Mac?

Thank you,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A MacBook does support Hebrew. For a compressed overview on how to set it up, see this LINK

As far as a program that contains the Torah, I don't know of any that directly contain it. However, you might be interested in this Judaic software for OS X: LINK

The only other suggestion you might consider is Bible software for OS X. There are two very good (somewhat expensive though) packages for the Mac. One is from Logos and the other from Accordance. Both programs have the capability of displaying the Bible (OT in Hebrew, NT in Greek) in its native writing. I know that's not the same as the Torah, but it might suffice for what you need.

Regards.

Reaction score
can't read emails in Hebrew

I can not read emails in hebrew on my MacBook. I have installed hebrew, but still with no luck...
I receive the email as empty square boxes.
Please,Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'll talk to imah (mum) about it, and get back to you both as far as all the different methods to have Hebrew in the languages.
She lives interstate, so I have to wait till I can get her on skype.
:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have installed Hebrew properly on your Mac, you should be able to read an email composed in Hebrew. You might want to find out from the sender which program they're using... For example: Is the sender using a Mac or is he\she using a Windows machine? What program are they using for email?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.