• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Biohazard worries

DCS

Reaction score
I just bought 3 Macs for my site office We incinerate domestic waste.
I just read that apple won’t honour any warranties if you computer contains chemicals from smoke. We have our air monitored constantly and is deemed to be safe. If our personal are in a contaminated are they wear overalls, gloves and a gas mask.
I have invested nearly $12,000 in these machines which is more than 3 time the price of IBM machine so i expect that the warranties should be honoured.
I have read the warrants and there is no mention of voiding the warranties in this way.
Just to let Apple know will not deal again with a company that treats it's customers this way.
Some advice: Buy your repairer some overalls gloves and a mask and do what you promised to do!
DCS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Just so you know, the company I work for will not honor warranties when the systems are contaminated environmentally either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Surely you should have checked before you purchased them!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I just bought 3 Macs for my site office We incinerate domestic waste.
I just read that apple won’t honour any warranties if you computer contains chemicals from smoke. We have our air monitored constantly and is deemed to be safe. If our personal are in a contaminated are they wear overalls, gloves and a gas mask.
I have invested nearly $12,000 in these machines which is more than 3 time the price of IBM machine so i expect that the warranties should be honoured.
I have read the warrants and there is no mention of voiding the warranties in this way.
Just to let Apple know will not deal again with a company that treats it's customers this way.
Some advice: Buy your repairer some overalls gloves and a mask and do what you promised to do!
DCS

Caveat Emptor as they say...

Somehow I don't think Apple is alone in this, but I could wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Nope they're not alone, and smoke can damage IC's. We even terminate warranty agreements for halon dumps

OP
D

DCS

Reaction score
No more Mac

The warranty state nothing about this.
I won't take advice purchasing this again.
I the other company's have a policy like this there is nothing i can do about it except ask for a reduction becase there will be no warrenty. I bought these thing because they are suppose to be a little future proof as they don't advace as fast as an IBM.

At least with the IBM I can afford to replace it with a new computer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You're getting all hyped up about nothing. You've only "read" about this? Not actually asked for any warranty service? Or had any warranty issues? Let's see how you feel 5 years from now when these machines are still performing the same tasks with the same efficiency as they are today.

No company warranties their products against failure that has been caused by some external source. Ex. you dropped it, spilled water in it, etc. Unless that is you purchase an insurance policy that covers accidental damage. They can't.

Besides which, if as you say, your office air is filtered and monitored, you would not have any contamination of your computers, and therefore have nothing to worry about. You will simply call for any warranty work that needs to be done (if in fact you ever even need it) and let them show that it was caused by something they do not cover.

OP
D

DCS

Reaction score
Reading all the documentation

Searching all the information I did find this.

You also agree that you will not use these products for ....
the development, design manufacture or production of
missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement

I dont need for smoke to get into it, i can create it with itunes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.