Apple Keyboard with Copy/Paste keys

Reaction score
Dear all:

I am interested in a keyboard with Copy/Paste direct keys (no combination of any kind of keys). People that I am working with are not kids, they are forced to learn computing, but they just need to use few things. They prefer to "retype" the whole stuff insead of using any sort of menus or key's combination, it takes me time until they get used to copy/paste function.

It would be really helpful to have keys for cut/copy/paste directly in the keyboard (for me, more important than dashboard and this stuff).

Any idea where to get it? I am currently using Microsoft one on PCs ( Microsoft Product Information Center: Microsoft® Digital Media Keyboard 3000 : Overview ) with special configuration for those functions due to keyboard simplicity (very standard configuration, but with the ability to customize certain functions), I guess I can do the very same thing on iMACs, but are there any other options available?

Thanks,

César

Reaction score
Normally you can choose cut and paste from the drop down menu, but I thing the key combinations that are already known CMD+C and CMD+V makes it as easy as it's gonna get.

I don't think what you're mentioning is possible.

OP
C
Reaction score
Impossible to understand this lack

Normally you can choose cut and paste from the drop down menu, but I thing the key combinations that are already known CMD+C and CMD+V makes it as easy as it's gonna get.

I don't think what you're mentioning is possible.

This is very important feature. Copy/paste keys are as important as any other letter in the keyboard, just essential.

Some problems with the shortcuts:

a) Old people : they have to learn PC stuff, and we are complicating things for them. They usually prefered to rewrite the whole stuff to use those shortcuts.

Only due to the stupid idea of having lot of empty keys (FX) and keys that you never use, but not keys for copy/paste. It is totally silly.

b) Virtual Machines : you have CTRL+C in the virtual machine (or any other combination depending on the system you are using), CMD+C
in the MAC and, for more complication, this combination can be used for other reasons (inside or outside the virtual machine).

In my opinion, I have no idea who has the great idea of having Windows keys, empty keys, battery keys, multimedia keys, but not a single copy/past key. Not messing with shortcuts, that changes from one system to the next and that some people just hate to use.

Thanks, César

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I believe the following are default settings:

F2 - cut
F3 - copy
F4 - paste

OP
C
Reaction score
I believe the following are default settings:

F2 - cut
F3 - copy
F4 - paste

In my keyboard:
F2 - Increase Brightness
F3 - Tasks
F4 - Dashboard

With the combinacion fn+F2 => Do nothing at all.

This is a mistake on the keyboard layouts. Battery buttons and many other keys hardly used, but something as essential as copy/paste is not included as key.

Of course, CTRL+C or CMD+C, depending if X11 application, or virtual machine, or MAC. I can't understand the reason. It is like a keyboard without the "a" key, or the space bar.

Thanks for the answer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You can change that in System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts

Reaction score
Logitech makes a few keyboards that have Macro Keys. I use one, but I'm not sure if it can do alt-commands. Ill check tomorrow.

If it can, I'm sure you can show them how to set it up and everything. It's extremely easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.