Can´t eject cd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Hi.

I have a problem. I Can´t eject my cd.
It was never recognized on my mac.
And now I can´t eject it. I have tried a thousand different things, but nothing works.

Please help? O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't know what those thousand things are, so, have you tried turning off your mac, and rebooting it, while keeping your finger on the eject key the whole time until it is completely booted?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I don't know what those thousand things are, so, have you tried turning off your mac, and rebooting it, while keeping your finger on the eject key the whole time until it is completely booted?

I´ve tried holding down different buttons (stuff that I´ve read on other forums) while it is rebooting, but nothing happens, the mac just start up like it normally does, no matter which buttons I hold down while rebooting

Reaction score
  1. Open the Terminal application.
  2. Then type ‘df’. This will display a list of all mounted disk items.
  3. Find the disk you want to eject.
  4. The disk I was looking to unmount displayed like this:
    “/dev/disk1s1s2 208484 208484 0 100% /Volumes/Alex Model Pix”.
  5. Above you see first a Unix name “/dev/disk1s1s2″ followed by the CD volume name “/Volumes/Alex Model Pix”.
  6. Now type “hdiutil eject FullUnixName” to eject it.
  7. Example: “hdiutil eject /dev/disk1s1s2″.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  1. Open the Terminal application.
  2. Then type ‘df’. This will display a list of all mounted disk items.
  3. Find the disk you want to eject.
  4. The disk I was looking to unmount displayed like this:
    “/dev/disk1s1s2 208484 208484 0 100% /Volumes/Alex Model Pix”.
  5. Above you see first a Unix name “/dev/disk1s1s2″ followed by the CD volume name “/Volumes/Alex Model Pix”.
  6. Now type “hdiutil eject FullUnixName” to eject it.
  7. Example: “hdiutil eject /dev/disk1s1s2″.

The only thing that comes up when I type df is:
/dev/disk0s2 233769824 172528256 60729568 74% /
devfs 216 216 0 100% /dev
fdesc 2 2 0 100% /dev
map -hosts 0 0 0 100% /net
map auto_home 0 0 0 100% /home

What do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm guessing you've tried the mouse button while restarting.
Also, going to itunes and ejecting.
in system preferences, CDs & DVDs is anything recognized?

I'm guessing it's a MB or and MBP, and this may sound weird, but try eject or holding down mouse while rebooting, with the laptop angled towards you around 30-45degrees
If you are game, you could try the good old paper clip on the corner of the slot just to tap the disc, or a couple of business cards below and above the disc to gently move up and down.
If it's an imac, then the same with the paperclip from the top of the drive, but once again, at your own risk :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Once again, since you haven't given any info, if it's a new mac, and not too big a bother, to wait until business hours Monday, and take it to Apple and they should be able to sort for you pretty much on the spot.
If you get the chance to put your macbook specs in your profile, that would save the guessing, also helps others who have the same problems with the same specs.
Or in your posts!
Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Once again, since you haven't given any info, if it's a new mac, and not too big a bother, to wait until business hours Monday, and take it to Apple and they should be able to sort for you pretty much on the spot.
If you get the chance to put your macbook specs in your profile, that would save the guessing, also helps others who have the same problems with the same specs.
Or in your posts!
Thanks

Would it help if I said it was a Mac OSx 10.5.8 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Would it help if I said it was a Mac OSx 10.5.8 ?

LOL, do I sense a touch of sarcasm there?
I was referring to the type of machine!

Reaction score
I think he means machine specs, go to the apple icon in the menu bar, and click "about this mac" from the drop down menu.

Post back with results.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
LOL, do I sense a touch of sarcasm there?
I was referring to the type of machine!

Haha, no.. xD Wasn´t beeing sarcastic, just misunderstood :p I have a laptop, if that´s what you mean..

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I think he means machine specs, go to the apple icon in the menu bar, and click "about this mac" from the drop down menu.

Post back with results.

Version 10.5.8
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Was that the information you were looking for?

Reaction score
Have you tried booting your MacBook while pushing and holding the leftside of the trackpadbutton??

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Have you tried booting your MacBook while pushing and holding the leftside of the trackpadbutton??

yeah, nothing works when i´m booting

Getting kinda frustrated.. nothing works..

Reaction score
If you have an app like toast or burning program that handles removable media, try it there, or go here and try that.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
If you have an app like toast or burning program that handles removable media, try it there, or go here and try that.

Don´t think I have a burning program, not that I know of anyways.. but the Ardiem didn´t work either :( Got any other suggestions? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.