Voice recorder

Z

zap2

I wanted to know if there are any good voice recorders for mac out there,if u coukd tell me where to get them that would be nice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
To help a buddy with a linguistics project I used Garageband. Just use vocals - no effects under 'real instruments' and record. When you're all done you can go back and edit really easily, and then export to iTunes as a .aif file. The files are pretty big, but they are excelent quality. If the size becomes a problem you can always use iTunes to convert the .aif to .AAC/.m4a.

-Chris

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

you can use audacity get it from versiontracker.com it works well....it is free .... and you can add effects lol...what more than you need....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Do you mean a voice recorder piece of software? or hardware that you can carry with you and then import the voice notes onto the computer? If hardware then I use the Olympus DS330 and it works great.

OP
M

MichaelSullivan

Okay, hate to dredge this up but I see some posts on Audacity. What is the little 'invisible' browser window that hides in the lower right hand portion of the screen? Use Expose' to show all apps and you'll see what I mean. Sent an email to audacity at sourceforge, but thought I'd ask here if anyone knew. I like the app, but I'm not down for any spyware crap... I'd rather shell out the $19 for wiretap pro instead.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.