Windows in Boot Camp Screen Problem

Reaction score
Windows runs perfect on my Macbook, however when I close the laptop to store away for a bit, then re open (base in mind its still on) the screen stays black. I can hear the cd drive make that strange noise, just like it always does when it opens, and all seems to be working.

I am running Leopard, not Snow Leapord, so therefore not running Boot Camp 3. Could this be a reason, another thing I should mention is I am running windows 7 on it!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Windows 7 is not yet fully supported on Macs. People have had success in installing it, but that's not to say there aren't issues. Most people installing it are doing so with Boot Camp 3.0, therefore the likelihood of issues increases significantly with the use of any earlier version.

Looks like you're having issues with the Sleep function. Until official Windows 7 support comes out, or until somebody who is running Boot Camp 3.0 pipes in about their experience with closing the lid on Windows 7, there's nothing I can offer that will help. In the meantime, I would suggest shutting down the computer before closing the lid.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Its one of them annoying little things that I guess I will get used to until something gets updated. I wonder if boot camp 3 would solve the problem, and following on from that, is the £25 for upgrading to Snow leopard going to be worth it? Are there many difference between Leopard and Snow Leopard? Apart from boot camp 3 and taking a chance with my problem getting solved I want to know whether its worth it.

Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.