console error message that causes beach ball

Reaction score
I have recently bought a new mbp and I used the migration assistant to transfer the files from my old core duo mbp to the new one. It seems like everyone is having the beach ball problem with the unibodied macbook. It is quite frustrating because my old mbp did not have this problem what so ever. I even did a clean install without migrating the user data and stuff

The error console messages I am getting when the finder/other app freezes is attached below.

It seems like either Office, pkgutil, or vmware is causing the problem. Any possible fix?

View attachment errorconsole.txt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The error messages you are getting are not from a clean install....
VMware galore problems going on here!
So, to start with, I'd do a clean install, meaning boot from the install disk, choose language, continue, then go to utilities/disk utility in the menu bar, choose Macintosh HD, click erase making sure it is formatted as macintosh OS extended (journalled), click erase, and once done, quit disk utility and continue with installation without restoring anything from your external HD.
That is a clean install, and your MBP should then be running properly.
The troubleshooting is then in VMware on your other mac that you have tried to transfer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.