Ipod touch 2g not booting up?

Reaction score
Alright. so. i was trying to fix my cusin's ipod touch, because it kept freezing all the time, plus, she'd forgotten her passcode.

so i decided to put it onto DFU mode and have it restore to its factory settings, so i set it onto DFU mode and waited like an hour for the software update to download, and when it finished, it restored perfectly fine, but when it was done, it didnt reboot, so i made sure my computer wasnt doing anything, and unplugged it without any problem and i had it reboot.

after that, it looks perfectly allright, you see the shiny silver apple logo in the middle, until the screen goes white for a fraction of a second and reboots. Why is this happening?

and now i cant shut it down, so i straighly put it onto dfu mode and it shows the ipod cable to itunes thing and itunes says its on recovery mode. :U i cant do anything. i restored it 3 times now. and it still wont boot up.

right now im downloading the 2.2.1 firmware for the ipod thinking that it only is an update error :/

Reaction score
Is it jailbroken?

This probably explains why it isn't functioning properly. What in the heck is DFU?

The only thing that I can think of: plug it into iTunes, do a Restore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.