Logo Mod for Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to do the icolours.ca mod of the apple logo on the front of the mac for the aluminum macbook pros? On the website it says it isn't currently supported. I wanted to change it to the old school multicolor logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hmm...

I was just thinking about this the other night when I saw a picture of something similar. I don't think you can actually change the color of it through the computer, but I'd be willing to be that you can find clear stickers out there that change it that way.

I'll let the experts chime in on this I'm still kinda a mac newbe :)

OP
D
Reaction score
By through the computer do you mean a setting? I know you can't that way, but on older ones you can insert a piece of tinted plastic. I've also seen stickers, which I might do. The insert is just so much more legit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't even think of inserts!

Wouldn't that mean having to take off the the lid cover to get in there though? Not sure I want to mess with that on my part here lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I like the sticker idea(red one:Evil:) , taking apart a uni screen is not something that would be worth it IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is the website he/she posted in the original post. They are asking if it is possible with the aluminum macbook pros.

Is there even a way to take apart the aluminum mbps? I havent seen one in person for a while.

Oh! Sorry :Blushing:

OP
D
Reaction score
The screen isn't unibody. There is a seem between the aluminum back and the black outline of the screen. I would assume that it is possible, if not simply because of the fact that they had to get it on there someone, I'm sure you could take it off. I just don't want to be the guinea pig for it, since I'm in highschool and spent a huge chunk of my savings on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
If you wanted the old school Apple logo, they have stickers available in that design. I really do not think taking apart a uMBP is a good idea.

OP
D
Reaction score
I know they have stickers, I guess I'll resort to that. I just like how the insert looks more clean. Has anyone used the stickers? I'm wondering if the light still shines through at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I know they have stickers, I guess I'll resort to that. I just like how the insert looks more clean. Has anyone used the stickers? I'm wondering if the light still shines through at all.

I definitely agree with you on the clean look. I can search around see if it's possible, or if it's safe to do so, ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.