Can I move Excel's Formula Bar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Keeping Excel's Formula Bar visible is important to me, but it sits right on top of several toolbar items. In addition, it's so far to the left that a third of it is not visible at all. It looks like a simple drag-to-move situation, but it doesn't respond to dragging.

How can I move it to the nice empty real estate in the upper right corner of my screen??

Thanks!

Reaction score
I am not sure about office 2008, but I know in Office 2004 on all of the bars there is a tab on the left side of each bar. When you run the cursor over the dot in that bar it llows you to close the respective bar. If you click and hold just below the dot you can drag the bar anywhere you want. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
The tool bars can only be moved by dragging from the left side where the red dot is. It sounds like yours was adjusted at another display resolution, and now you can't see the dot or the "handle" to drag it with. Make a note of your resolution before trying some others to expose the whole thing. Then drag it to the middle of your screen. Change the resolution back to what it was, then place the errant bar wherever you'd like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.