dvd.media files seen as folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am using Ripit to copy my own DVDs to an external hard drive (DVDs that I have bought!)

I downloaded the files as dvd.media files because I wanted to keep the full quality of the movies and keep all of the chapter options etc. I was playing with the settings to see if I could watch the dvd.media files via Front Row rather than DVD Player so I used File Info via Finder to try and open them in a different format i.e. via iTunes.

The files would not open in iTunes but now they have all be converted to folders which contain a "VIDEO TS" sub-folder and an "info.json" file and I don't know how to convert them back. When I use File Info in Finder I no longer get the option to change the programme with which they open.

If manually open DVD Player and select the Movie folder named as the film, I can play it back but it's annoying having to do this manually.

2 questions:
1) how do I make the dvd.media folders appear as files again and so open them directly with DVD Player?
2) is it possible to play dvd.media files via Front Row?

I know I can convert them to mp4/mpv files and watch them in Front Row but the quality is not as good and I don't get the full dvd options e.g. like the trailers etc.

Any help appreciated, worth saying that I am a Mac newbie with zero to no programming skills!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.