Windows don't open at full screen

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a very unusual problem with my Mac. Here's the story:
Nearly six months ago i downloaded a Software called Magnifique. This Software was meant to change my Computer's graphics, maybe with a more stylish one. So i had this Software for about two weeks and it was great, i loved seeing all the windows black. After i while though i decided to turn back to my normal GUI if you can call it like that, but this time when i basically did "Set as default" it still gave me black windows and everything else. So then i used the Software to use the default Skin and, well it worked but having to do it through a Software wasn't very convincing... Since then, every time i opened ANY window it started opening up like this:

e7l3b9.jpg

For various reasons from then i had to change my Hard Disk and format my Computer, so i guess these two don't help since i still have this VERY FRUSTRATING problem today. Every time i open a window i have to move it again to fit my screen, and that pretty much sucks.
Thanks in advance, and i am terribly sorry you had to read this novel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Are you running Leopard still, or are you on snow leopard now.
Magnifique has its own uninstaller, however, I believe that there are many problems with this software, that the system doesn't restore defaults after uninstalling.
I would either recommend contacting the developers at Magnifique - Choose Your Weapon - Free Theming App for OS X Leopard or more so, restoring from your last backup before you added the application, as there are residual items left in different locations in your system folder from this app.
If you have uninstalled it, and you don't have a working backup from before installing it, you could do a clean install, and clean install of your apps, and manually move over your music, photos, documents, etc.
Maybe someone will come along with some tested command lines to use in terminal that will fix the problem, so, hold out if you can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
S
Reaction score
Hi, i didn't quite get the part of the "Clean install". Could you reexplain please? Thank you very much. I am still running Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, i didn't quite get the part of the "Clean install". Could you reexplain please? Thank you very much. I am still running Leopard.

Wiping the HD completely, and reinstalling Leopard.
If you choose to take this option, you need to boot from your disc.

OP
S
Reaction score
Oh dear god, lol.
Do you really think it'll work? Because i think i have already formated my Computer, but nothing has changed. Anyway i guess i'll give it another try, is this tutorial good for me to follow?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
S
Reaction score
If i burn all my apps on a DVD can i use it to reinstall everything once i formatted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First off, did you try the troubleshooting steps?
Second, Applications have related files and directories etc, so it's not that simple, and besides, the whole idea of the clean install is that you are starting with an uncorrupted system.
The best way to restore your 3rd party apps is fresh, from install discs and the developers websites.
As far as restoring your old files, I would only restore from an external HD backup that you know was free of bugs, otherwise, manually copying your pics, music, docs, etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, i have tried everything but nothing worked, my pages still always open bandy.
I'll try formatting now, i really want to get rid of this bug. Thanks a lot for your help. Wish me luck :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.