Good ram on the CHEAP

Reaction score
Anyone want to kick there PowerMac G5 up a bit in ram? Just finished installing some ram i purchased from New Egg. Boots right up and works just like it should. I am now up to 4 1/2 gig in the PowerMac and 1 1/2 gig in the iMac G5.

$103 per 1 gig stick....!!! No, that's not a mistype and to top it off it comes from Corsair, a company well known for GOOD ram. If your interested check out Neweggs website and go for it. What your looking for is:

Corsair ValueSelect 184 pin ddr-dimm VS1GB400C3 pc3200 400mhz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Wow, thanks for the heads-up James! Looks like I might me making the jump from 1 to 2 gigs in my iMac sooner than I thought. :)

-Chris

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That even beats out the PQI that I got for my Mini at $114 a stick. Very good deal for Corsair indeed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
can you post a linky to this ram? i need some!

Reaction score
Does it matter what the CAS setting is? I don't own a Mac, yet but I know I will need ram.

Just wondering if it would be better to buy a higher grade of Corsair Ram?

What exactly do you need for a Powermac G5 Duel 2.0Ghz?

TIA

OP
James
Reaction score
Migraine said:
Does it matter what the CAS setting is? I don't own a Mac, yet but I know I will need ram.

Just wondering if it would be better to buy a higher grade of Corsair Ram?

What exactly do you need for a Powermac G5 Duel 2.0Ghz?

TIA

You need PC3200 400 mhz ram. The link in message 5 for NewEgg will show you the best price i have found for ram that works well in a Power Mac, but any good quality ram of that type will do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.