Boot Up Time?

Reaction score
So I have a late 2008 MacBook Pro 2.66 Ghz 4 GB Ram notebook and I was just wondering how long a complete boot up is supposed to take. Because mine varies from 45-50 seconds. It's nothing bad but I just remember thinking the boot up was really fast like 30 seconds or so when I first bought it. Maybe it was just in my head, but is 45-50 seconds a normal boot up. I noticed it because I noticed sometimes (not after update) my laptop takes like 5 seconds to make the chime noise. Which doesn't seem normal but I haven't been a mac user for long so I'm not sure. By boot up time, I mean from the moment the laptop makes the chime to when the computer is loaded up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4g, 4gb Ram | iPod Touch 8GB
My late 2008 MBP is at about 1 minute from chime to loaded. I have a few things that i start at boot up, so I'm not sure if that is the issue or not. There was an issue with the font book and having duplicate fonts. Once I took care of that issue by removing duplicate fonts, that seemed to shave about 30 seconds off my boot time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.