transferring data from old scsi external drives onto new imac

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Well the title kind of says it all. I've recently got all Mac'd up and would like to transfer audio data from old external scsi drives. One is a zip drive and the other is errrm.. not sure, anyway they are both scsi drives and the cables that are hanging out of the back of the drives are 25 pin male scsi/printer type connections. Is there an adaptor available so i can plug the drives into my mac book or imac via usb or even firewire. Thanks for your time.

Rob

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
SCSI has been around so long, there are an incredible amount of connector types. The hardest thing is probably going to be finding a cable that adapts from the ancient DB25 connectors you describe to modern HD50/68 connectors. I'll take a peak around and see what options I can find.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OP
B
Reaction score
ok, thanks. i'm guessing i'll need a 50 pin to 25 pin adaptor as well because the USB2.0 To Ultra SCSI Converter has a 50 pin connector. I'll give it a go.

Many thanks, will let you know how i get on.

Rob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.