[iMovie] Crop specific area.

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I recorded a video of my desktop while I was making a tutorial and now I want to edit it with iMovie. I just need a specific panel, but with iMovie's Crop i can not select the area that i want since a part always remains out. How do I select an area from where I decide to start to where I decide to finish?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
I figured it would be easier to show than tell, so I made a video showing the process: YouTube - Cropping Screen Recordings with iMovie. Hope it helps.

Also, if you plan on doing this a lot, something like ScreenFlow might help out your workflow; if you're interested, I definitely recommend watching some of the tutorials on their site.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the video, i will definitely take a look.
I already use ScreenFlow but the only process able to help me was to zoom in a bit so that with iMovie i could Crop a bit better. Anyway unfortunately i have another odd problem... I can't delete the video on the bottom... I select it all and press Canc on my Keyboard but the thing just "moves" and remains where it is. Here is a photo.

15mjwap.jpg

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
If you want to remove a single part of a clip, click and drag to select the bad section and then control- or right-click on it and select Reject Selection. If you want to remove an entire clip, right-click it and select Reject Entire Clip. Then, if you truly want to get rid of the clips you rejected, right-click the event that contains them in the Event Library on the bottom left and select Move Rejected Clips to Trash. From that contextual menu you can also move an entire event to the Trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.