Uninstalling Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

J

jatmac

I'm trying to uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 because I was unable to access any online help (the menu item was grayed out). Since I recently switched computers and transferred my Photoshop via Ethernet cable, I decided to just reinstall.

My first attempt at uninstalling was simply to drag the Photoshop files from the Applications folder into the trash. Now it won't let me empty the trash. I went ahead and re-installed the program and restarted my computer and now it won't open.

Thanks!
jatmac

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm not familiar with the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 installation process, but does the installer have the feature of uninstalling itself instead you having to uninstall the app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
have you tried to reboot then empty the trash bin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
You can also try a 'secure empty trash.'

-Chris

Reaction score
Photoshop elements will place a number of files in your library folder just the same as the full photoshop version does. Best thing to do is a search with the words adobe and photoshop and trash all the files that come up (make sure they are the right ones).

OP
J

jatmac

Uninstalling Photoshop Elements 2.0

The Photoshop Elements 2.0 install CD does not come with uninstall.
I have tried to reboot and then empty the trash. I also went into security privileges and unlocked the application. Didn't work.

iWhat said:
I'm not familiar with the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 installation process, but does the installer have the feature of uninstalling itself instead you having to uninstall the app.

Reaction score
Open terminal,
cd .Trash (assuming you're in your home folder)
sudo rm -fr * (make sure there's nothing there you want to keep!)

Tell us what happens. Should delete everything in the trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.