DVDs Won't Play

Reaction score
I just got the 13" Mac Book Pro. Upon inserting a disk, it reads it for about 30 seconds then spits it out. I'm trying to play an American store-bought movie and I live in America. I don't think there should be any region issues. Any ideas?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Have you tried more than one DVD? Is the DVD dirty? Try several. Do they all eject after 30 seconds? If so I would take it in to Apple ASAP and show them.

OP
G
Reaction score
Yeah, brand new DVD, took it out of the box and stuck it in. No dice. Also, just tried putting in a data disk and it worked fine... Tried 2 BRAND new DVDs, not working, doesn't even get up to full spin...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do you have an Apple store you can drive to? If not call Apple ASAP. That is not right at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.