Can I connect two Powerbooks to make a Dual-core?

Reaction score
I've got two Powerbook G4's: A 15" 1.33 GHz, and a 17" 1.67 GHz. Is there any way that I could connect them to make a dual-core Hackintosh. Is this possible, or am I completely out of my mind!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i dont see how you would connect them both together.. do you mean disassembling them?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've got two Powerbook G4's: A 15" 1.33 GHz, and a 17" 1.67 GHz. Is there any way that I could connect them to make a dual-core Hackintosh. Is this possible, or am I completely out of my mind!

The latter. Aside from having the know how and the skill to create a custom bus to bridge the two machines, you'd also need some advanced modifications to the OS to actually run the machine. Even then, it would be a rather dubious benefit to doing so, since for the money you'd spend on the custom fabrication, you could easily buy a dual-core Intel based machine that would run circles around it.

OP
G
Reaction score
I don't really want to disassemble them, so I think I'll just use it as some kind of slave computer.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There is no external bus that would be even close to fast enough to bridge the two logic boards and integrate them as a "dual core" machine as you are proposing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.