How to open pages in Safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
How can i open the pages which reguire internet explorer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I haven't run across any sites lately that were IE only. That said, I'm sure there are still some sites out there which have not been updated to accept all popular browsers.

A search for an IE plug in for Safari comes up empty. I would suggest using Firefox which at one time did have a plug in for IE but I'm not sure if it still works with the latest version of FF. The "IE Tab" plug in for FF only works in the Windows version. :(

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
@Collin Bl. I tried but it does not work although i choose ie.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are still some sites that will only work in IE in Windows... period.

Typically (at least the ones I've heard about), these are private sites requiring a login to access the site.

Have one that I use 5 days a week. Have managed to login with a couple of different browsers on both Win & OS X, but none of the data I need can be displayed except on IE.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
This site is my university site, and reguires only ie5 or later. Is not there any way to open?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you install the developer menu option in Safari as suggested by colin? If that didn't work, you might want to run Windows from a Virtual Machine on your Mac.

You didn't say which Mac you have but assuming it's an Intel model, you can use the free VirtualBox program to run a copy of Windows from a VM. Although VirtualBox is free from Sun Microsystems, you still need a valid license for Windows.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just though of something that may help. Download the free version of the Opera Web Browser from here. Past versions of Opera have included an emulator for IE and unless it's no longer available in the latest version, that may work for you. You might want to do some research on whether it still works before you go to the trouble of installing it.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D (Penryn) 2.8 GHz 4GB RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
This site is my university site, and reguires only ie5 or later. Is not there any way to open?

Your university's IT people suck if they are requiring you to run a Windows proprietary program (and a bad one, at that).

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
yeah you are right darkestritual. I do not want windows anywhere near my laptop. I do not want to switch the dark side. I have tried everything even i install internet explorer 5.2 but it does not work. it is just developed before the christ. It does not even open google:D. Is not there plug-in for safari?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.