Windows blue screens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Ever since i installed Bootcamp 3.0 with Windows 7 Pro x64 on my Bootcamp partition, i have been getting many physical memory dumps with a blue screen. With a normal computer, when getting a blue screen, it restarts, but mine doesn't, it just stays like that until i press the power button. It happens very randomly, but i have noticed that it happens when i'm doing work, like editing animations from saved files within the partition, or if i access my external firewire hard drive. I did have this problem when i had XP Pro x86, but it wasn't as often, and i was able to fix it by updating the drivers with a program called Driver Checker. This is getting to be very annoying, especially since my hard drive has no problems when i switch over to the Mac partition. I notice no hardware problems with it, no clicking noises, nothing of the sort. My hard drive name and # is Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 250GB. My partitions are as follows: Mac = 163.07GBs and Bootcamp = 86.64GBs. What is the problem?!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Blue Screens (BSOD) can be caused by many things in Windows. Video drivers can cause it, and sometimes bad memory can cause it. Try updating the video drivers you're currently using and see if that helps.

Normally Windows will try to keep the system up if you do get a BSOD. Unless you check off the option to restart in case of system failure, Windows will try to stay up by isolating the error. Just press CTRL - ALT - DEL to kill off the offending error. (if possible) Although sometimes you can't kill it off and that means a reboot.

Regards.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
You know, it actually used to restart, but now it just stays there without doing so. Yea i have tried updating everything, the video drivers are up-to-date as far as i think. I'll try updating them again though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.