Looking for a Remote Desktop Manager

Reaction score
I have been hunting around for weeks, and I am unable to find a suitable Remote Desktop Manager.

I am trying to get away from Windows altogether, and until I can find a suitable application that will fit my needs, I'm stuck. I really want to wipe my bootcamp partition.

The one I currently use with windows is VisionApp vRD, and it works perfectly in Windows, but they just don't offer anything for the Mac OS.

Basically what I am looking for is an application that when I open it up will have a pane of some sort that will allow me to save RDP connections in a directory tree type of format.

So that when I need to log into say one of my Domain Controllers all I have to do is expand the Domain Controllers folder and click on the domain controller that I need to log into. It would then in turn launch a remote desktop connection in a tabbed window. By doing it in a tabbed window it allows you to be able to control more than one RDP session at a time, just by going back and forth between tabs.

Does anyone know if anything like this or similar exists for the mac?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not sure if this will fit the bill, but Microsoft makes a RDP client for Mac.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Not sure if this will fit the bill, but Microsoft makes a RDP client for Mac.

Regards
...which you can use the way you want just by saving your connections into a folder or folders. You can put that folder on the desktop and/or in the Dock as a stack.

When connections are open, they will each appear as individual icons in the Dock. You can click back and forth in the Dock, use Expose, or command-tab.

Reaction score
I know this thread is older than dirt but it was one of the first hits on google when I was search for rdp manager for the mac.

Anywho... stumbled on a decent rdp manager called CoRD and it's pretty cool, check it out if you wish.

CoRD: Remote Desktop for Mac OS X

cheers,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.