hard drive replacement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13.3" White Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz 1GB RAM
Hi, i need to upgrade my hard drive, i currently have a Fujitsu MHW2080BH PL
so can i replace it with any laptop hard drive or does it have to be a special one for MacBook??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No special drive is needed. Apple uses off the shelf hard drives same as would be used in a PC notebook computer. The only requirement is that the drive is SATA and 2.5" form factor. Take a look here on the OWC site.

Regards.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks alot mate...have another question though...my old hard drive is making clicking noises when i tried to back up my data, and it wasnt showing up on my other laptop, is there anyway that i can recover my data from that hard drive??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sometimes you can recover data from a "clicking" drive by removing it and placing it in an external USB carrier. My daughter's PC had one of those drives that clicked and then appeared to die. I removed it and placed it in an external carrier and was able to clone it to another working drive thereby saving all her data.

Regards.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank again mate will give it a go

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.