Black Macbook unibody

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm new here at this forum. I see lot of you guys knows a lot about everything. So instead plenty of surfing on Internet to find out, I was asking myself does Apple considering to lunch black Macbook(unibody model) as it was few years ago??
I'm very intrested in this laptop, though really don't like white one.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It's always possible...with the release of the new plastic/polycarbonate "white unibody" Macbook...it would certainly be feasible to release a black version.

But if it will ever happen is anyones guess.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm new here at this forum. I see lot of you guys knows a lot about everything. So instead plenty of surfing on Internet to find out, I was asking myself does Apple considering to lunch black Macbook(unibody model) as it was few years ago?? I'm very intrested in this laptop, though really don't like white one.

I guess it's possible like Nick says, but what I don't understand is why anyone would prefer a "black" MacBook? If you want a machine that looks like an ordinary PC notebook, then why not buy an ordinary PC Notebook?

Even most PC notebook makers are now offering their line in varying colors. Take a look at the new Dell and Sony portables. You can even order a "Pink" Sony Vaio!

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You clearly haven't seen the black Macbook if you think it looks like an ordinary PC notebook. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
im down for a flat black/black aluminum macbook/MBP that be sweet. But with all things apple will change one little thing and charge us a premium for the color choice.

T

todd51

im down for a flat black/black aluminum macbook/MBP that be sweet. But with all things apple will change one little thing and charge us a premium for the color choice.

I do remember that the old black Macbooks were always more expensive than the white ones. I think you paid an extra $200 to get the black one with a bigger (or faster, can't remember) HDD.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
im down for a flat black/black aluminum macbook/MBP that be sweet.

I think that a black aluminum MacBook/MBP might be a tough one to make that is durable in terms of the finish.

Depending on the process to coat the aluminum black...you could at some point have a flaking, chipping, or peeling issue with the black coating. Or after lots of handling (especially the palm areas below the keyboard or where finger tips do a lot of touching or rubbing)...the black coating could get worn thru...then you would have shiny-silvery aluminum areas being exposed thru the black finish.

This is where plastic has the advantage when it comes to colors...since the plastic can be the same color throughout it's thickness.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You clearly haven't seen the black Macbook if you think it looks like an ordinary PC notebook. ;P

I've seen many - even when I was purchasing my MacBook at our local Apple store. Black reminds me of the many "black" PC notebooks I've owned over the years. Oh, I know that a "black" PC notebook is different from a black MacBook, but if you close the lid and cover the Apple.... :)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
If you close the lid and cover the apple, it's in your bag. How is someone going to think it's a pc?

Your reasoning = fail :D

Reaction score
What's wrong with black? I have a black macbook and no one has ever thought it was a PC. Just because something looks like something doesn't mean it is.

If we're going that route, one could say the white macbook looks an awful lot like some Dell machines. Or, you could make the argument that the unibody Pro's look quite a bit like a Toshiba Satellite. Who cares? It's what's under the hood that matters anyways. Or is that not anti-PC enough for these forums?

Reaction score
I liked the BlackBook, but when I bought mine, I ultimately decided to buy the White one. You don't see many white laptops.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you close the lid and cover the apple, it's in your bag. How is someone going to think it's a pc?

Your reasoning = fail :D

OK, I give up. :) Black MacBooks are beautiful. :Smirk:

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Agreed. It was quite unique for sure. MANY loved the Black Macbook.

I am wondering though the way Apple is going with their White Plastic and aluminum if they will ever make a Black one again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I've seen many - even when I was purchasing my MacBook at our local Apple store. Black reminds me of the many "black" PC notebooks I've owned over the years. Oh, I know that a "black" PC notebook is different from a black MacBook, but if you close the lid and cover the Apple.... :)

Regards.

I have to Agree the black makes it look like a old PC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.