How many IT systems do you have, and how to you organize those?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF
Well,

this suppose to be a general question with further sub-questions to be able to explore the main issues.

I am just surprised to see across the forums, comments by those who claim to use their system{s}(laptop/desktop) for 3 or even 5 years, even with some upgrades!

What do you do with them, that they can last so long?

I had several laptops at the same time across high quality brands, and one mini desktop through the years. I use them daily most often on average over 14 hrs(utilize them fully).

Most they lasted for me was for 2,5 yrs, than either the screen got problems, and the cost for replacement was too high; or the inner world burns down in some way or an other.

Until now having a desktop in general didnt make sense, considering how bulky most systems still are these days.

Having my first mac system now, I cant believe what I have been missing all those years. As my evaluation in the past concluded, that they were kind of cheap style. Not much available useful support software for complex utilization as was available for window systems!

These days, I just cant wait everyday to use it. Everything is so speedy, so quite, and so fast, no spyware, no virus, no nothing - at least so far!

Though I am still trying to figure out, mac features and functionality its just amazing!

I wish there was a netbook version available, but thankfully some netbooks can be highly utilized even by using a mac OS!

Now, having checked up on the mac desktop selections, they look stylish, and practical to carry around. I might, consider one in the near future.

I am wondering those of you who have few systems, what do you do on each of those systems?

I am for example use my netbook on a big HD screen with several screens open, use my mac on the same HD screen its just emazing.

These days you can also use on most mac laptops, and desktop systems windows software do you utilize this by having two different software systems on one mac? Especially, now that windows 7 is regarded as one of the best window based software!

I am using several systems for differing purposes, for security reasons!

As I am often on the road, I have to carry around few laptops with me.

Having so far very positive experiences with my mac, I am considering now to have one system software for private and the other for biz.(maybe mac os & windows 7), or mayb create on mac os two differing profiles!

But the task is complex, how do you organize this all?

What can I do with the other laptops I have?

In the office I need six to eight screens, I am looking for functionality, user-friendliness, features, value for money, and of course security.

Also, in regards to security; how do you ensure while using an open wifi access securely on your laptops system{s}(on window/mac os?

What addon's, support software do you use to overcome all those? Despite all how do you ensure a smooth running system, that is based on reliability as much as on user-friendliness?

For those of you, despite me being a newbie on mac, I believe doing one;s homework(research) is half the work, before asking/saying something on these important topics! I did extensive research on these through the time, there is just too much knowledge out there. Surely, we cant be all aware of all, and even if we are aware if we dont have practical user experience that knowledge is most often of no use.

Anyone, in my situation? We might be better able to explore, together the interrelated sections to the main topic!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I am sure you will receive a lot of ' technical ' responses to your request, which is good.:)

However, it looks to me like you are looking for a total solution , including an infrastructure model and productivity software.
if this is correct, I guess you will need to re-phrase some of your questions.

Don't forget to assess how you would like your set-up to be supported to minimize downtime and since security seems important ( which is very good :) ), assess the risks you are faced with.

I do understand the concept of your request, I'm just not sure that the questions will lead to a satisfactory answer at this stage.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I have updated it now.

The point I am trying to make here is not, that I want to have a solution!

I am pretty sure, there are lots of people in a similar situation like myself.
There is no point, have several Laptops/systems etc, sitting in your living room. If you have something you should be able to utilize it, I said utilize not use it!
And hopefully, make your life easier by way of organizing it for value for money, and still in reliable and secure setting.

I think its an important, but still complex topic. If you are in a similar situation, you might like to help me to get across the message better to users. That way we all would be, more able to get the right kind of proposed solutions.
What do you say?

Best.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How about integrating your laptop(s), mac desktop with your smart phone?

The latest Iphone seems to be just great for music and maybe videos, for fun.

The latest blackberry just great for emails, files, folders, more for biz.

The n97 just great for everything a little bit, especially for biz.

What experiences did you have with features and functionalities of your smart phones?

Anyone, using cordless multifunctional keyboard/mouse with their mac on a HD-Full screen?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.