Macbook Aluminum vs MBP re: Displays with same setup

Reaction score
okay guys, new guy question again...I see on the Apple website that both the Aluminum and MBP have the same NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor installed and both have 1280-by-800 resolution...so why/how does one look show more contast while the other is not as bright.

basically, if the set up is the same, when looking at the same picture on both displays, why do they look different?

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Different display models. I'm using the aluminum MacBook 2GHz. The blacks aren't as sharp, but it's still a nice freakin' computer.

OP
R
Reaction score
thank you....so it's not because of the graphics package and resolution, like I thought, right?!? can you explain a little more what drives the picture being displayed. is it just the different models enen though the "guts" are the same? thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
It's the quality of the displays. I believe Phillips and LG are considered the industry's gold standard for LED displays.

Like everything, there's two factors of the quality you see in monitors: software and hardware. On the software side, color profiles dictates what color the monitor displays depending on the color code. That's why the same color in Photoshop can look different on different OS on the same monitor. Most of the time the color difference is minuscule and this is due to the quality of the monitor.

If you go to an electronics to where they have rows of monitors, you'll see quite a difference in "perceived" color and brightness even though the technical specifications are the same.

CNET has a general guideline for monitors, you might want to check that out for more general info: LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.